Saturday 6 July 2013

Bitter sweet

I thought it was time to dust off the keyboard and take a few minutes to write about the events of the last week. I found this week to be so very bitter sweet as though my heart was pulled in two totally different directions.

Evan and I started off the week celebrating Canada Day with our boys and then packed up Tuesday and took a mini vacation for our 14th anniversary. It was wonderful to take a step away from everyday life and enjoy each other. We had lots of laughs and were able to really relax and have a wonderful time. Wednesday night we had the opportunity to watch Phish (which is one of our favorite bands) and reconnect with some old friends:) Another great night! So these were the sweet moments of our week..but like I said there were some bitter.

Wednesday we said goodbye to Admiral Fish Farms, a family company that has meant so much to us.  Over the last 17 years I have watched so many family members pour their heart and souls out to make it work. My Father Glen and his brother Bill had a vision of providing reliable jobs for a community where jobs are hard to come by. They employed many members of my family including myself at one point, both my sisters, cousins, friends and many others. My husband Evan has also been an employee for the past 9 years. So you can start to imagine the impact this news has made on everyone involved. Change is never an easy thing, but it is a part of life and I know that Dad and Bill can be at peace with knowing that our time with Admiral changed our lives in so many positive ways. I know I'm not speaking for myself when I say that it provided us all with countless opportunities that we would not have had other wise!

Thank you Admiral for many, many great years:)

No comments:

Post a Comment