Saturday 29 June 2013

Teamwork

Yesterday was such a busy day that cleaning wasn't on anyones agenda. Everyone was busy with their new sketch pads and accessories, Hardin and I went to the movies as an end of school celebration ( He missed ours last week), quick supper then off to mall for a little browsing. We found ourselves at an art supply shop looking for modeling clay, Joshua had a little money left and his creative mind was a rolling!

Needless to say when we got up this morning the house looked as though a tornado passed through, So I set the timer for 20  minutes and the boys set off to do as many chores as possible in that amount of time...I couldn't believe it, in 20 min my days chores were basically done!! It made me think again about the importance of teamwork, and how much we can accomplish together as opposed to trying to tackle these things on our own. The look of pride on each of their faces when that timer went off was amazing!! I love to see those smiles:)

Maybe we don't let our children help us enough, maybe they are capable of so much more than we give them credit for...maybe just maybe they aren't as "lazy" as we all think they are! In fact I believe they are actually bursting with excitement to help, they just have no sense of direction at their young ages. They need a LEADER not a boss!! I challenge you to be that leader, teach your children the importance of teamwork and how great it feels to accomplish goals together! This could be life changing for you and you kids! 


No comments:

Post a Comment